When we want to take care of the skin of our face, there are alternatives such as facial tonics, gels, soaps, creams, serums and a whole universe of commercial products.
However, applying mineral water to the face is an increasingly well-known method, originally from Japan and popularized in Korea, due to its excellent results.
Although its use in the Western world is not so frequent, it is becoming more widespread every day, because the women who have tried it have seen favorable results.
If you want to have a more luminous skin and revitalize your complexion, this option will enchant you.
Origins Of The Method With Mineral Water To Wash The Face
Today, many spas in Korea and Europe use sparkling mineral water in skin treatments.
The method varies, sometimes the face is soaked with this water, and in others, it is applied with cotton, gently and without rubbing, after facial cleansing.
Women use mineral water as a homemade facial spray or add it in the bathtub. In other cases, they submerge the entire head in the mineral water, to improve the health of the scalp.
Due to its popularity, many brands already have products with mineral water, added with beneficial ingredients for the skin, which make them more nutritious and useful.
What Mineral Water Does On The Face
Washing your face with mineral water can give enormous benefits to your skin, as it has unique properties. Here are the benefits of mineral water for face.
- It gives your skin firmness.
- Remove dead cells.
- It purifies the pores naturally.
- The bubbles help to remove dirt.
- Its effervescence provides oxygen to the skin, which can diminish inflamed areas, giving a better appearance.
- It is cheap and easy to use.
- Strengthens the cells between the collagen fibers, favoring the firmness and volume of the skin.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It does not irritate.
- It does not cause dryness.
- Carbon dioxide can reduce the PH of the skin.
- It offers an excellent exfoliation.
- It regulates the production of fat, making it ideal for people with a tendency to acne.
- Due to its calcium content, it enhances cellular metabolism and collagen production.
How to Apply Mineral Water on the Face
Fortunately, you do not have to go to a spa to apply this innovative and effective treatment. You can do it in the home, following these steps:
- After your facial cleansing, take a clean glass bowl and mix carbonated water with mineral water.
- The ratio should be 1: 1.
- Dip your face in the bowl for 10 to 15 seconds.
- You can do it for longer, what you hold your breath, but you should not exaggerate.
- It is advisable to observe the reaction of your skin to see how long it is appropriate.
- Dry your face gently with a facial towel.
- You can use this method once or twice a week.
Note: Do not do it daily, because it could be counterproductive.
Application With Mineral Water and Cotton
If the idea of immersing your face in carbonated water does not excite you, you can use this method:
- Mix in equal parts carbonated mineral water and regular water.
- Soak the cotton ball in the resultant mixture, and apply it as a facial tonic, without rubbing aggressively.
- If you are constant, you will notice that your skin looks more radiant and luminous in a month.
- It is best to use this treatment a couple of times a week.
How Carbonated Water Feels on the Face
The mineral water with gas feels on the skin a little hot, and it is perceived its bubbling effect on the face. But the fact that it feels somewhat tight and warm does not mean that it hurts, although it could consider as an unfamiliar and slightly uncomfortable feeling.
What is the Difference Between Mineral Water and Carbonated Mineral Water?
The carbonated mineral water has more benefits than the mineral water without gas, since the mixture with the effervescence, potentiates the advantages that the minerals bring.
Another option is to mix carbonated mineral water with regular water, to dilute the carbonation and make it softer on your face.
Image Source: 1