Lemonade is a very healthy drink, as it can promote the proper functioning of our immune system because one of its essential ingredients is lemon, a fruit that has a content of vitamin C and other nutrients. However, this is not the only advantage that it provides and in this article, we will talk about the benefits of lemonade.
Benefits Of Lemonade
1. Provide A Healthy Dose Of Vitamin C
Lemonade provides more than one-sixth of the daily amount of vitamin C needed to protect against cell damage and to repair injuries.
2. Strengthen Immune System
Lemons are great allies to take care of your immune system because of its high content of vitamin C and antioxidants. Also, lemonade has potent antiviral and antibacterial properties it helps to strengthen the immune system.
3. It Helps To Detoxify Body
One of the characteristics of lemonade is that it can help us detoxify and even purify our blood, liver, and kidneys. It is due to its high content of vitamin C, and other antioxidant nutrients that promote an adequate functioning of the liver, this being the body responsible for eliminating toxins.
4. Helps In Good Digestion
The lemonade has as one of its properties the ability to promote proper digestion, due to its citric acid content. This component stimulates higher production of gastric juices by the enzymes of the stomach, this being an essential component for digestion.
5. Keep Us Hydrated
One of the benefits of lemonade is that it can be useful in keeping us hydrated. It should also note that lemonade is very rich in electrolytes such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium, minerals responsible for the hydration of the body. For this reason, this drink is ideal for hydrating and staying healthy.
6. Promotes Weight Loss
It is another benefits of the lemonade since it can allow us to lose some kilos. For this, you should only consume a glass of lemonade before breakfast as it will help us to promote a better elimination of body fat.
7. Prevents Oxidation
The lemonade has as one of its properties a rich phytonutrient content. It can be beneficial to protect our organism from a large number of diseases. Also, it can prevent skin aging and improve the overall health of the body.
8. Help To Prevent Kidney Stones
Lemonade helps to prevent this disease in those who are deficient in urinary citrate, a form of citric acid. Also, increased fluid intake helps to prevent dehydration, a common cause of kidney stones.
It has anti-cancer components that prevent the division of malignant cells, so it should include in the daily diet. Consume it in juices or as a salad dressing.
10. Helps To Fight Respiratory Diseases
Lemonade helps to fight infections that produced in the respiratory tract, in addition to reducing the pain of the throat and tonsillitis. It is because its components include vitamin C and other nutrients with anti-inflammatory properties.
Read Also: Lemon Detox Water Recipes
Easy and quick recipe to prepare homemade lemonade. This refreshing lemonade can make with only two lemons in the blender.
- 1 cup lemon juice, seedless
- 1 cup natural water
- ¾ to 1 cup refined sugar
- Prepare a simple syrup with water and sugar over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Let it cool and add the lemon juice.
- For a glass of lemonade mix ¼ cup syrup + 1 cup mineral or natural water + ice.
- If you like less lemon flavor add less syrup if you like it much add more syrup to taste, that simple.
If you do not want to use refined sugar, you can use honey, only that the taste of honey in the lemonade will predominate.
[ Read Also: How to Make Homemade Lemonade Recipe ]
2. Mango Lemonade
An easy and simple recipe to prepare a mango soft drink with lemon or mango lemonade, prepared with ripe mangoes, lemon juice, sugar or honey, water, and ice.
- 14-16 ounces of pieces or mango pulp, of about three medium mangoes
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- A ½ cup of sugar or honey
- 4 cups of cold water
- Ice to taste
- Lemon slices
- Mint leaves
- Put mango pieces, lemon juice, sugar or honey, 2 cups of water, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend well and add the rest of the water and mix well.
- Test and adjust the amount of sugar/water according to your taste.
- Serve the mango lemonade with ice to taste, decorate the glasses with fresh mint leaves and slices of lemon.
3. Strawberry Lemonade
- 1¼ pound of strawberries
- Two lemons
- A ¾ cup of honey
- 6 cups of water
- Ice to taste
- Sliced strawberry
- Slices of lemon
- Fresh mint leaves
- Blend strawberries, lemons, and honey with 2 cups of water.
- Close the liquefied lemon and strawberry mixture, add the other 4 cups of water (through the sieve).
- Add more honey or sugar if you wish.
- Serve the lemonade with ice, and garnish with strawberry slices, lemon slices, and mint leaves.
[ Read Also: Blackberry Lemonade ]
4. Cherry Lemonade
- Three cups of cherries
- Two lemons cut into quarters (with bark)
- 6 cups of water
- A ¾ cup of sugar or honey
- Ice to taste
- Cherries and lemon slices
- Put the cherries, lemons, sugar and 2 cups of water in the blender.
- You can also add a little ice if you want it very cold.
- Blend the ingredients until they are well crushed.
- Mix the mixture to liquefy and then add the rest of the water.
- Serve the cherry lemonade with plenty of ice and garnished with slices of lemon and cherries.