Beer is one of the best ingredients you can use to improve the health of your hair. The number of hair products that include beer as an ingredient is increasing every day, and this is for a good reason. We invite you to enjoy this post and convince yourself to use the beer for hair care.
Since ancient times, beer has been used for skin and hair treatments and has now become an ideal alternative product due to the combination of chemicals.
Silica, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, iron, vitamins, potassium, sugars, malt, and hops are some of the elements present in beer. They can protect and repair hair cells, strengthen hair for optimal growth, and making it look healthier, soft, and bright.
Benefits Of Beer For Hair
1. Repair Damaged Hair
Due to the nutrients present in beer, especially vitamins, malt proteins, and hops, beer can help to repair damaged hair, reinforces each strand of hair from the roots to the ends, thus avoiding other problems such as weakening and detachment of hair.
2. Hydrates The Hair
The beer helps to strengthen the hair cuticles and help to recover the natural shine. Due to its components, it helps to hydrate your hair while maintaining the pH level of your scalp, preventing it from getting too dry or oily.
3. Prevents Hair Loss And Eliminates Split Ends
The silica that beer possesses adds volume to the hair and makes it thicker. Biotin, on the other hand, prevents hair loss and also has an astringent action, which seals the keratin scales, which will make it easier for you to untangle your hair and eliminate split ends.
How To Use Beer For Hair
Ideally, use a low alcohol beer (preferably without alcohol) which must degas before applying to the hair. The sequence of preparation and use can summarize in the following.
1. Beer For Hair Growth:
- One cup of shampoo
- Two beers
- Boil the beer for about 20 minutes and then wait for it to cool.
- Then mix it with the shampoo until it is fully incorporated.
- Now use your beer shampoo on your hair by massaging scalp and hair from the roots to the ends.
- Finally, rinse with plenty of cold water. Perform this treatment twice a week.
2. Beer For Curly Hair
If you want to wear perfect curls, you can use beer, preferably without alcohol. The beer has a yeast a vital component to prevent dryness, moisturizing the hair, and excellent to define your curls.
- One beer
- Wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo and lots of water.
- When the hair is clean, pour the beer on the hair (If you use beer with alcohol, you must boil it for five minutes to evaporate it).
- After applying the beer on the hair, massage for two minutes and place a bathing cap on your head.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the procedure once a week.
3. Beer To Repair Hair
Next, a beer treatment for hair whose goal is to repair damaged hair. This hair treatment combines a mixture of beer and aloe vera. The regenerative properties of aloe vera will act directly on the hair cells, repairing them and giving the hair a younger look.
- 1/2 glass of beer
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Three stems of aloe vera
- First, extract the aloe vera gel from aloe vera stems.
- Then, mix beer, aloe vera gel, and olive oil until obtaining a homogeneous and uniform paste.
- Then moisten the hair and apply to the hair from the root to the tip.
- Massage the scalp for a better result.
- Then leave for 30 minutes.
- Wash with plenty of warm water and a mild shampoo.
4. Beer To Nourish The Hair
Most women and men would like to have an abundant and strong mane. Among the natural options, beer and banana will allow restoring the shine and softness to the battered hair, delivering excellent results from the first applications. This natural treatment is recommended for fine, opaque, and with excessive hair loss problems.
Banana contains large amounts of vitamins A, B, C and E, which revitalize and stimulate the regeneration of follicles and scalp. It also makes an essential contribution of calcium, zinc, iron, and potassium, related to the decrease in excessive fall and dryness.
- One egg yolk
- One ripe banana
- 100 cc of beer
- Two tablespoons of honey
- Place the egg yolk in a bowl and beat it vigorously for one or two minutes.
- Then, crush the banana until obtaining a homogeneous puree and mix it with the egg.
- Then add the beer, honey and combine everything until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Moisten the hair and separate it into several strands.
- Apply the paste covering all the scalp and hair.
- Cover with a shower cap.
- Leave on for two hours until its compounds act effectively.
- Finally, rinse with warm water.
5. Beer To Repair Split Ends
There is no better remedy for split ends than a mask of beer and vinegar. Its application manages to soften and regenerate the hair structure by reducing those annoying split ends.
- ¼ cup of beer
- Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Mix beer and apple cider vinegar directly in a bowl until it reaches a homogeneous distribution.
- Apply the mixture throughout the hair, cover with a shower cap, and let it act for about 40 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with a mild shampoo and warm water.
Recommendations To Use Beer For Hair
- Always wash your hair thoroughly before using beer. That way, you remove dirt and enhance the effect of the beer treatment of your choice.
- For any of the treatments, the beer must be without gas. So you must open it a few hours before using it and place it to rest in a container. In addition to this, if the treatment lasts several days, it should be in a container.
- Once the treatment with the beer is applied, you can use a conditioner, that way your hair will not only be more manageable and soft but also the smell of beer will be eliminated.
- Do not use beer treatments more than twice a week, as you can dry your hair by removing its natural oils.
- Finally, it is not necessary to buy an expensive beer. The beer you find for sale is perfect for the best treatment for your hair.
Beer is a versatile product, and you can use it to cool off on a hot day or to treat and improve different problems present in the hair and scalp.