Baking soda is a sodium carbonate salt and is often used as a home remedy to treat pimples and acne. It is amphoteric and can be useful in neutralizing the pH of the skin. The imbalance of pH is usually the main reason behind pimples and acne outbreaks. As the natural pH of the skin restores with baking soda, the regenerative mechanism of healthy skin will activate, and a quick cure of acne and pimples will achieve. In this article, we’ll tell you how to use baking soda for pimples.
Baking soda can remove excess oil from the skin and eliminate pores, which is often the cause of pimples and acne. The gritty texture of baking soda also makes it ideal for exfoliating the skin. The exfoliation of the skin helps to eliminate substances that clog the pores and help to cure acne. It also helps to reduce swelling and redness caused by pimples or acne.
However, it is essential that you use this ingredient in the right way to get the best effects on the healing of pimples and acne. Baking soda can have a drying effect on the skin if you use it too often over a prolonged time.
Therefore, make sure you do not continue these treatments regularly for months. Use these treatments regularly until pimples or acne disappear, which should not take more than a week. As an acne and pimple prevention, you can continue using some of the treatments mentioned below once a week.
How To Use Baking Soda For Pimples
Pimples can treat through the local application of home remedies using baking soda for faster results. However, never use any of the treatments that contain baking soda if the pimples have broken.
1. Baking Soda For Pimples
When you are looking for an effective treatment to cure pimples on the face, baking soda can be very useful. This cooking ingredient is easy to use on pimples and can give the best results. Follow the steps below to use it in the right way:
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda in a clean bowl.
- Now add one tablespoon of water in it.
- Make sure a thick paste form and not a liquid solution.
- Apply this thick paste directly on the pimples and let it set.
- If you have sensitive skin, remove it after 10-15 minutes, otherwise, leave it a little more.
- Wash with water and dry.
2. Apple cider vinegar And Baking Soda For Pimples
Apple cider vinegar has active antibacterial properties and can offer the skin a dose of antioxidants that help it to regenerate quickly. You can easily prepare a pack to treat pimples by mixing these two ingredients as follows:
- Mix one tbsp (tablespoon) apple cider vinegar with one tbsp of water.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl and add the ACV-water mixture in drops while stirring the mixture continuously.
- Apply the resulting package directly on the pimples and not on your entire face.
- Let it wait for 15 minutes and wash it with water.
3. Lemon juice And Baking Soda For Pimples
For more effective results of baking soda, you can also use lemon juice instead of water. The vitamin C present in the lemon works as an effective astringent and can be very useful for curing pimples.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda in a clean bowl.
- Add 5 to 6 drops of fresh lemon juice to obtain a thick paste.
- If the glue seems to be very dry, add a little water.
- Apply this paste directly on the pimples and leave.
- You must let the package dry and then wash with water.
- If your skin feels elastic afterward, continue with a light moisturizer that suits your skin.
4. Baking soda For Pimples On The Scalp
Baking soda can also use effectively to cure pimples on the scalp.
- The treatments mentioned above can also apply on the scalp to heal the pimples of the scalp.
- However, since it may not be possible to perform spot treatments on the scalp, it is best first to dilute the package with clean water and then use it to lightly stroke the scalp.
- Do not let it rest on the scalp for more than 3 to 5 minutes and wash it with plenty of water.
How To Use Baking Soda For Acne
As acne usually spreads to a broader area of the skin, the above treatments are not suitable for the treatment of acne.
5. Baking Soda For Acne
The baking soda can be useful for curing acne due to its anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties. It also helps to eliminate the infection that causes bacteria, promoting rapid relief. Here’s how to use baking soda for acne.
- Take two tbsp baking soda in a glass container.
- Add water to make a runny mixture.
- It is essential that the mixture be thin enough. Otherwise, it could damage the skin when applied to on the face.
- Apply this snot pack on the affected acne area of the skin and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Wash with plenty of water.
- Pat off and stick with a light moisturizer.
6. Fuller’s earth And Baking Soda For Acne
Fuller’s earth has nourishing properties for the skin and can be very useful in reducing inflammation, redness or irritation in the skin. Fuller’s earth also removes excess oil and cleanses the pores of the skin. You can mix Fuller’s earth with baking soda to reduce acne quickly:
- Take one tablespoon of Fuller’s earth and baking soda in the same amount.
- Mix the two in a clean container and then add enough water to make a liquid mixture.
- Apply this liquid mixture on the skin affected by acne and let the package rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Wash with plenty of water and continue with a light moisturizer to prevent dry skin.
7. Aloe Vera And Baking Soda For Acne
Aloe Vera is known for its natural antibacterial and nourishing properties for the skin. Aloe Vera helps to soothe the skin and reduce the inflammation caused by acne. It can reduce the pain caused by acne. Follow the steps below to make an effective package with baking soda and Aloe Vera.
- Pick up an Aloe Vera leaf and open it with the help of a knife.
- Scrape the pulp from the blade and break with a mortar.
- Strain the broken Aloe Vera pulp, and you will get pure Aloe Vera juice.
- Mix this juice with one tablespoon of baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply this pack on the skin affected by acne and let it rest.
- Wash with plenty of water after 15 minutes.
- You may not need to apply a moisturizer in this case, since Aloe Vera itself is moisturizing.
8. Manuka honey And Baking Soda For Acne
Manuka honey is known for its natural antimicrobial properties. Being a store of vitamins and minerals along with a series of antioxidants, it promotes the rapid healing of infections and skin irritations, including acne. Here is how to use it with baking soda.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and add one teaspoon of Manuka honey.
- Now add enough water to this mixture to make a runny pack.
- Apply this pack on the affected area of skin acne.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash with plenty of water, rub your face lightly with your hands.
- Use a moisturizer afterward only if your skin feels elastic.
9. Orange juice And Baking Soda For Acne
The high vitamin C content of orange juice makes it useful in the fight against skin problems such as acne. The antioxidant content of orange juice also helps to boost the skin’s natural repair mechanism, promoting rapid healing. Use orange juice with baking soda for best results. Here is the process step by step:
- Take an orange and squeeze the juice. Make sure you have discarded all the pulps.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of this orange juice with one tablespoon of baking soda.
- You should end up with a liquid paste.
- If the paste appears to be thick after adding the orange juice, use a little water in drops to reach the right consistency.
- Once the package has become thin enough, apply it on the skin affected by acne with a cotton ball or brush.
- Wash with plenty of water after 10-15 minutes.
10. Baking Soda To Treat Acne On The Body
If you have acne on your back or other parts of the body that might not be easily accessible to apply, soaking it in bath water with baking soda and ACV can be useful.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda and 1/3 cup of ACV in your tub and soak them for 20 minutes before washing them under running water.