I’m sure you know the excellent nutritional properties of avocado, but the benefits that this plant contains for the body are not limited to its fruit. The avocado leaf has incredible healing properties for health, in some places, it is used to flavor the food. Today you will know a little about avocado leaves benefits and how to use it for health.
Medicinal Uses Of Avocado Leaves
Following you will see the domestic and medicinal uses of the avocado leaves.
Use As Fertilizer:
The dry and brown avocado leaf is an excellent compost to fertilize the soil of your garden.
The avocado leaf used as a condiment in some regions.
To do this,
- Roast them in a refractory until they toasted well.
- After that, crush and reserve in a pot with lid and your spice is ready.
- The leaves can also be used whole in other recipes.
As A Home Remedy:
Avocado leaves become an excellent home remedy to treat numerous health problems such as fatigue and respiratory disorders such as colds, phlegm, cough and hoarseness.
Properties Of Avocado Leaves
The avocado leaf is individual, elongated and round, thick, with the base tip, a reddish color when new and green as time passes.
As we have seen above the avocado leaf contains powerful medicinal properties, able to combat a wide range of common aches and pains in the body. The high level of antioxidants and astringents that this sheet has helped in a highly favorable way to keep the skin healthy and young.
Avocado Leaves Benefits
1. The avocado leaf has a high content of vitamin C, which can help fight colds, the flu, and bronchitis. Also, its antibacterial properties keep us away from staphylococci and bacilli, among others.
2. The avocado leaf provides various vitamins and minerals needed for the body, but can also help to calm nervousness, improve insomnia, constipation, stomach upset, urinary tract infections and relieve ulcers.
3. The leaf of avocado can use for the kidneys in the form of a tea made with seven leaves in half a glass of hot water, must be drunk twice a day, one is in the morning and another in the night. So if you have the kidney stone, it can be of great help.
4. For all women who are going through menopause, the avocado leaf tea can improve the symptoms. Also for those who suffer from menstrual irregularities the use of this plant helps to control their cycles.
5. It improves the skin and hair naturally, due to its doses of vitamin B, the avocado leaf slim, since it provides a feeling of satiety.
6. The avocado leaf is often used to treat hypertension. For this we only need a tea of three leaves of avocado in a glass of hot water, let it cool down and drink it once a day.
Homemade Remedies with Avocado Leaf
First of all, you should be aware of using avocado leaf for healing purposes is only supported by use, as there are no scientific studies that evaluate and certify its therapeutic effectiveness.
7. For Intestinal Parasites:
- Put some avocado leaves in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it warm and drink this tea at least three times a day.
8. For Menstrual Pain:
- Put 6 leaves of avocado to boil in a quart of water.
- Let cool and take throughout the day.
9. To Cure Lesions Of The Mouth And Gums:
- Crush the avocado leaves until thoroughly.
- Apply over the lesion on your buccal mucosa.
10. For Varicose Veins:
- Chop 10 avocado leaves and 2 camphor bars very well.
- Put in a glass bottle with alcohol.
- Leave it for five days in a dark place and apply this preparation on varicose veins while massaging.
Other most important avocado leaves benefits that if ingested as an infusion, it acts wonderfully when it comes to tackling specific common problems such as:
11. The Flu
14. Digestive attacks
15. Renal and hepatic intoxication
16. A toothache
17. A headache
18. High blood pressure
20. Inflammatory diseases
Avocado Leaves Tea Benefits
Avocado leaf tea is potent as a natural anti-inflammatory and as a diuretic, as it helps to eliminate all the toxins lodged in the body through a quick and deep cleaning.
It is advisable to take one liter of this tea during the day and another before going to sleep to get better the detoxifying effects of avocado leaf tea. This treatment can perform for a full week, and the results will be useful, you will feel lighter and full of energy.
Consuming the avocado leaf in the form of tea fights certain infections such as those produced by the bacteria Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas, Proteus, Escherichia, and Bacillus.
How To Make Avocado Leaves Tea
To prepare this nutritious and medicinal tea, you will need only three ingredients.
- 5 to 10 leaves of the avocado/liter of water
- 1 liter of water
- Honey (optional)
- Add water to the boil and add the leaves.
- Once it starts to boil, leave it for five minutes.
- After that, extinguish the fire and let stand for another five minutes.
- Coe and add a tablespoon of honey or sugar if it pleases you.
Toxicity And Side Effects Of Avocado Leaves
Attention! It should take into account that there are some doubts about whether the avocado leaves become toxic.
Some research claims that eating the leaves of certain varieties of avocado can have very toxic effects. An example would be Guatemalan avocados whose leaves appear to be toxic, while Mexico’s prominent avocados are safe.
But there are many researchers claim that this is false as this can only occur if you consume leaves in large quantities.
Although it has many health benefits and properties, avocado leaf should not use as a medicine. If you suffer from any health concerns, consult your doctor before using this plant. If you experience any side effect after using the avocado leaf, immediately stop using it and seek medical advice.