If you think it is rare to use apple cider vinegar as an ideal rinse to restore dry and dull hair, you are not the only one. In this article, you’ll learn how to do the apple cider vinegar hair rinse and benefits of apple cider vinegar hair rinse.
Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
No formal investigation exposes the benefits of apple cider vinegar rinsing, but many people claim to have experienced positive effects when using it. It may be because it contains nutrients to brighten the hair, for example, vitamins B group, vitamin C and potassium.
- As apple cider vinegar has an acidic pH of around 3, it helps in balancing the pH of the hair.
- Exposure to the acidity of vinegar hardens the outer layer of hair and flattens the cuticle, making hair shine, glide smoothly and be less prone to tangling.
- If your hair is porous, it absorbs fluid quickly, but it will lose it as quickly.
- The high porosity will create gaps in the surface of the hair shaft, leaving it more prone to suffer damage. However, apple cider vinegar will help to close those gaps and counteract brittle or split ends.
- On the other hand, apple cider vinegar contains natural alpha-hydroxy acid, which gently exfoliates the hair and scalp, eliminating three essential things:
- The dead skin cells.
- The accumulation of sweat.
- The waste of commercial products.
- It improves the appearance of the hair, reduces itching and allows a more natural hairstyle.
- If you suffer from scalp conditions, such as dandruff, apple cider vinegar can give you relief for its antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Also, it reduces the inflammation of the skin that usually occurs due to dandruff, and the scalp is dry and scaly.
- The best of all is that you can get these benefits at a very reasonable price, compared to the products that you want to sell in an aesthetic.
How to Do Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse?
The recipe that we give you below is simple. We recommend that you also read the tips to adjust it to your needs.
- 2-4 tablespoons of unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- ½ liter of cold water.
- 1-2 drops of lavender oil (optional).
- Mix all the ingredients in a plastic compression bottle.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and then rinse it with plenty of water.
- Tilt the head back and pour the rinse over the entire scalp, allowing the mixture to slip through the hair. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Let the mixture sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse completely.
Do not worry about the smell, because once your hair dries, you will not smell of vinegar anymore.
Lavender oil will add an excellent scent to your hair, but instead you can use fresh herbs to enrich its color.
Chamomile to add natural highlights to blonde or light brown hair.
Rosemary to enrich dark hair.
Rose hips to highlight the reddish hair.
What Type of Apple Vinegar Is Best for Hair?
Use unfiltered apple cider vinegar, it has all the nutrients and is much better than pasteurized.
Being the byproduct of the fermentation of apples, it contains many of its nutrients such as potassium, pectin, malic acid, and calcium.
Fermentation strengthens the final product with more acids and beneficial enzymes.
Tips To Adjust The Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse To Your Specific Needs
1. After rinsing apple cider vinegar, you do not need to use conditioner, because vinegar will condition your hair naturally.
In case you need some conditioner, apply it on the tips of the hair after the vinegar rinse.
2. If your hair is at shoulder height or shorter, you can reduce the rinse by half. Use 1 cup of water and 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
The specific amount of apple cider vinegar varies according to your case. Start with 2 tablespoons and get to 4, if you do not see results.
4. The general recommendation is to apply this rinse twice a week, but it depends on the condition of your hair and scalp.
If you have dry or fine hair, it is better to use this rinse once or twice a month.
But as each hair is different, it is best to experiment and see what works best for you. You may want to start once a week and gradually increase the frequency.