There are many methods to improve the tooth enamel and to whiten teeth. Over the years, the intake of food such as coffee or bad habits such as alcohol or tobacco, our teeth is losing their natural color and appear dark spots. But this can cure with the use of some natural remedies such as apple cider vinegar for teeth whitening.
In this article, you are going to see how to use apple cider vinegar for teeth whitening.
Benefits of Apple Vinegar for Oral Health
It acts as a potent cleanser: Apple cider vinegar acts as a deep cleaning agent that manages to remove bacteria that are affecting the color of the enamel.
It is a natural bleach: Apple cider vinegar acts as a bleach as it manages to balance the pH and get the shiny teeth.
Rich in pectins: Vinegar made with fermented apples and is therefore very rich in pectins. Pectin is a component that acts as a natural antibacterial to clean the mouth and protect it from infections. With this, you will reduce the presence of tartar and stains on the teeth that can affect your smile.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Teeth Whitening
1. Water And Apple Cider Vinegar For Teeth Whitening
- 1/2 small spoonful of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
Preparation & Use:
- Mix both ingredients in the amounts that we indicate.
- Once you get the mixture, you have to wet your toothbrush with this mixture and rub it every night before bed.
- Later, clean your teeth with your usual toothpaste.
It is essential that you do not repeat this treatment more than once a day as over usage can damage your enamel or your gums. Also, it is a recommendation that it should not be longer than 15 days to protect your oral health. You can do it once or twice a week to take advantage of its whitening effect.
2. Baking Soda And Apple Cider Vinegar For Teeth Whitening
If you want to get a much more efficient tooth whitening remedy, you can add little baking soda. It is one of the best remedies to clean the enamel and improve the appearance of your teeth. Many commercial toothpaste brands using baking soda for its cleansing and antibacterial effect.
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preparation & Use:
- Mix the two components until you see that you get a paste.
- If you see that it is too thick, you can dilute it with a few drops of water.
- Once you have it ready, brush your teeth with this paste for 1 minute before going to sleep.
As in the previous case, this treatment should perform once a day and should not be longer than 15 days. Otherwise, it could damage the health of your teeth and mouth.
We also want to point out that it is not advisable to include more vinegar or more baking soda. Because both products have abrasive properties that could damage your gums or enamel.