Never step out from your home without applying sunscreen, the sunscreen must be of more than SPF 15, you must choose your sunscreen on the basis of your skin type. If you have oily skin then you must go for oil free, gel based sunscreen, or matte sunscreen and people with dry skin can use cream based sunscreen. Apply sunscreen all over the exposed area. If you are in a situation when you need to face the sunrays for a longer time then reapply the sunscreen after a regular interval of 2 hours.
Precautions you must take before stepping out in summer
- If you need to stay for longer hours in the sun then you must cover those areas with cotton scarf.
- Though it is really uncomfortable to wear socks in the scorching heat of summer but in order to save your foot from the sunrays you must wear cotton socks.
- Tightly-woven clothing aids to deflect UV rays more than the thin clothes, there are some brands that produce UV protected t-shirts, which can be a good choice.
- Whenever stepping out in the skin wear hat, especially wide brims are the best to protect face.
- Use sunglasses, as they do not only provide soothing effect to the skin but also help you to prevent under eye dark circles that are caused due to the sun exposure.
In spite of taking precaution, sometimes it is really hard to avoid the sunrays and to prevent the damage of skin that is caused by UV rays. Hence, once you come back to home, you must apply some tan removing cream. Also, you can use some home remedies for this which are;
Apply the combination of Cucumber and Curd
- Cucumber inhibits the under eye dark circles as well as puffiness, aside from that it also has soothing and skin lightening effect that makes skin healthy. Curd is full of lactic acid, which has the ingredient of exfoliating the dead skin cells away. You can prepare a face mask using these two ingredients by combining 2 tbsp. of grated cucumber with half cup curd. Apply it on the tanned area and wash the skin after 20 minutes. You can apply this pack all over the body.
- Clean your skin twice a day and scrub your body at least twice in a week.
Take special care of hair as well
Sun rays can damage your hair as well; moreover sweats can damage the root of the hair which can leads to dandruff. Hence, wash your hair with shampoo to remove the dust and dirt from your hair. Apply oil into hair at least thrice in a week and never step out in sun with oil in your head. As oily hair accumulates dust more than clean hair.
Suntan can damage your skin and can be the cause of skin ageing hence always protects your skin from the summer sun to retain healthy and younger skin.
Image Source: 1