Dandruff is a condition of the scalp caused by yeast like fungus that grows on the scalp. It results in shedding of the skin of the scalp and could occur due to dryness of the scalp or due to synthesis of excessive oil on the scalp. Though dandruff is a common problem with the hair, those white falling flakes could be embarrassing and annoying. How to have a dandruff free hair and how to control it effectively? Let us discuss here.
7 Ways to remove dandruff and control it effectively:
1. Washing hair regularly:
Dandruff is a condition created when scalp sheds dead skin cells excessively; it is therefore recommended that hair gets washed every day with a dandruff shampoo until its flakes subside completely. Excessive shampooing is harmful as well as its chemicals could get the scalp even more dry escalating the condition.
2. Apple cider vinegar:
- Mix one part of this apple cider vinegar with water and apply onto wet hair and massage it over the scalp.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with water.
- This could be repeated daily for a week for best result
3. Banana and vinegar hair pack:
- Peel out a banana and mix two cups of vinegar with it.
- Blend until they get combined completely with the help of a whisk and convert it into a fine paste.
- The mixture has to be applied on the hair and massaged on to the scalp.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and wash off completely.
- For best results this treatment has to be continued every day for a week.
4. Camphor and coconut oil hair mask:
This is one of the best Ayurveda treatments that fight against dandruff along with nourishing the scalp and hair.
- Add a teaspoon of camphor to half a cup of coconut oil and store it in an air-tight container.
- This mixture has to get applied on the scalp and massaged for 10 minutes before going to bed.
- This treatment could be continued for 2 weeks until dandruff gets controlled.
5. Neem leaves:
Neem leaves are an age old recipe that is good against a number of hair ailments. The antiseptic, antibiotic, antifungal and antibacterial properties of neem leave make it an effective anti-dandruff agent.
- Boil some neem leaves in water and drain excess water.
- This water should be used to rinse the hair after performing regular hair wash.
- This treatment would get one get rid of acne and treat dandruff as well.
6. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera has both antifungal and antibacterial properties and its natural gel possess myriad benefits for both the hair and the skin. Aloe Vera gel soothes and heals the scalp, removes dandruff and also behaves as a clarifying agent.
7. Olive oil massage:
Olive oil moisturizes and nourishes the scalp and hair and is potential in fighting against dandruff.
- The olive could be massaged on to the scalp every night before getting rinsed off the next day morning.
Image Source: 1