Do you know that manuka honey is a very effective natural remedy for acne? Continue reading to learn more about manuka honey to treat acne. Here, we’ll tell you how to use manuka honey for acne and its benefits.
The acne may be the reaction of several factors such as stress, poor diet, hormonal fluctuations, and pollution. One of the natural remedies that help to treat the acne problem is manuka honey. This honey is composed of:
- Natural sugars
- Essential amino acids
- Vitamins and minerals
- Hydrogen peroxide and methylglyoxal (two antimicrobial agents)
These ingredients make Manuka honey a great addition to your beauty routine as a powerful acne fighter.
Benefits Of Manuka Honey
1. The manuka honey can improve the appearance of your skin by balancing its pH and eliminating dirt in the pores of your skin.
2. Its anti-inflammatory effect can decrease local inflammation caused by acne.
3. Being a potent antibacterial, Manuka honey effectively kills pore-infecting bacteria and cures acne cysts.
4. Indeed, Manuka honey can destroy harmful bacteria causing acne. Because it contains hydrogen peroxide and compounds such as methylglyoxal, it is effective at killing microbes, including antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
5. Manuka honey is also an excellent emollient, which means that it softens the skin. Its high concentration of sugars can moisten wounds and burns, which helps to speed up the healing process.
6. Manuka honey reduces inflammation and pain at the site of infection. It can also help to relieve other skin problems, such as psoriasis, eczema, warts, and dandruff.
How To Use Manuka Honey For Acne
You can use manuka honey as a cleanser or as a mask. Whichever way you decide to use it, wash your face with a mild soap before applying honey.
1. Manuka Honey As A Cleanser
Manuka honey can use as a powerful cleanser to remove impurities in the face.
- A teaspoon of manuka honey
- Warm water
How To Use:
- Mix manuka honey in a little warm water.
- Apply it on your face with a gentle massage in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Then rinse your skin with clean water and dry with a soft towel.
2. Natural Manuka Honey For Acne
A simple remedy to use manuka honey is to apply it directly on the face, without mixing it with any other ingredient. It is a safe method that does not cause allergic reactions.
- Manuka honey
How To Use:
- Apply a couple of drops of manuka honey directly on the affected area.
- Let it dry and rinse with water. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
3. Mauka Honey And Yogurt For Acne
This manuka honey mask help to remove excess acne, and the pimples will be expelled from your face without failure.
- One teaspoon greek yogurt
- One teaspoon manuka honey
- 1-2 drops tea tree oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
How To Use:
- Mix the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Apply the mask to the skin with a circular massage.
- Leave the mask for 20 minutes.
- Massage an additional teaspoon of yogurt to soften the dry parts and rinse with warm water.
- Apply the ice cube on the skin to shrink the pores and apply your moisturizer.
4. Manuka Honey And Oats For Acne
This manuka honey mask is very useful in combating acne and other imperfections that may be on the face.
- Two tablespoons of manuka honey
- A tablespoon of oats
- Few drops of lemon juice
How To Use:
- Add manuka honey, oats, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Stir until obtaining a homogeneous paste.
- Apply on the face and rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.