Current research suggests that depression and magnesium deficiency are strongly related. Magnesium deficiency can cause agitation and severe anxiety associated with feelings of depression. If you experience such symptoms, you can reduce levels of magnesium. But fortunately, there are simple ways that allow you to control your depression at home by using only magnesium.
The magnesium content of food depends on the soil in which it is grown, and the soil is rapidly depleted by modern agriculture. Modern agricultural research has raised a warning about the very low grade of agricultural soils across the globe. Our ancestors supplied with magnesium by meat and seafood, but modern soils depleted of minerals and magnesium removed from the water during treatment.
The importance and roles of magnesium:
Magnesium provides protection against a number of chronic diseases, particularly those associated with aging and stress. Magnesium deficiencies are always accompanied by annoying and crushing symptoms such as chronic pain, anxiety, fatigue, and insomnia.
Recently discovered as a neglected key to good health, a number of medical researchers advise increases in the nutritional value of magnesium, sometimes suggesting double the current recommendations to ensure protection against diseases such as osteoporosis, hypertension. The current recommended daily intake for adults is between 320 and 420 mg per day, but the average intake does not exceed 250 mg per day.
Magnesium is also vital for the function of GABA receptors, which exist in all regions of the brain and nervous system. GABA is soothing neurotransmitters that the brain needs to relax; without them, we remain strained, our thoughts run and we find ourselves in bed looking at the ceiling. However, and to make it simple, a balance is crucial in the nervous system, that of GABA and glutamates.
While GABA calms it, the glutamates trigger the brain in its states of activity; You use these when solving puzzles or Sudoku, but you must take advantage of GABA levels to go to sleep. This is precisely the role of magnesium, and here is how to keep your magnesium levels high when going to bed … in the second part of this article.
A Magical Drink For Good Sleep
Here is the procedure to prepare your drink that boosts magnesium in the blood and eliminates insomnia and depression:
- A sachet of magnesium chloride
- a liter of water
- Put the water to boil in a saucepan, as soon as the first bubbles form, put out of the fire and let cool to room temperature.
- Then add a sachet of magnesium chloride to the temperate water.
- Your drink is ready.
- If you want to alleviate its bitterness, we advise you to keep your drink in the refrigerator.
The dose will depend on your age and the case you are treating:
- For people aged five and up: a 125 ml glass of 1 to 6 times a day.
- For children under five years: 100 ml to 4 years; 80 ml at 3 years and 60 ml at 2 years.
Here is the dosage recommended in specific cases:
- Osteoporosis and decalcification: one to two drinks per day for 21 days; Stop three weeks and then repeat the procedure 2 or 3 times a year.
- Depression: a glass morning and evening in cure of 2 months
- Fatigue: a glass twice a day
- Muscle aches and spasms: a glass twice a day for 21 days
- Nervous system: a glass once or twice a day
It is important to note that magnesium chloride is not toxic, its only side effect is that it can cause liquid stools in the case of overdose.
Caution: This drink is not recommended for people with severe renal impairment or arterial hypertension and all conditions where salt prohibited; As well as to hemophiliacs and people on corticosteroid therapy.
Image Source: 1