A good routine of facial hygiene and the use of medications or lotions recommended by your dermatologist are vital to get rid of acne, but once you have achieved this goal, have you noticed that you have some scars left? Do you know how to clarify or eliminate them? Hydrogen peroxide can be a great ally to combat these scars and give your skin a uniform appearance. If you want to find out how to get it, keep reading this article in which we will explain how to use hydrogen peroxide for acne scars.
Before starting with this treatment to get rid of acne scars, you should try a small part of your body a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to check that you do not suffer any allergic reaction. Also, you should keep in mind that you should not exceed the time you keep this product on your skin since an excess could burn your dermis.
So you should try to leave this product just enough time for oxygenated water to clear the acne scars. You can try this treatment with the hydrogen peroxide of 10 volumes and medical use sold in any pharmacy. But if you want to achieve more significant action and your skin resists well the action of this product, you can choose to buy a hydrogen peroxide 20 volumes.
Hydrogen peroxide is well known for its use to clean wounds, stop small bleeding in wounds and rinse or whiten stains from clothes, teeth and even skin and all these benefits of hydrogen peroxide are due to the action of oxygen that contains.
Things You Should Do Before Using Hydrogen Peroxide For Acne Scars
1. First, using face cleaner, clean the skin to get rid of traces of makeup, dirt, and excess fat that can prevent that you can remove acne scars with hydrogen peroxide.
2. Use a facial cleanser to make sure you have a free of impurities before you start. But if the part of your body you want to treat is another, it is advisable that you then use warm water and neutral soap to cleanse the skin thoroughly.
3. Once you have clean skin, dry with a towel without rubbing, with a few soft touches will suffice, and so you will not irritate the skin by removing moisture.
4. In addition to cleansing the dermis well, you can choose to do a pre-treatment exfoliation with hydrogen peroxide. Thus you will also eliminate dead cells and allow the oxygenated water to work better.
How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide For Acne Scars
Things You Need:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Sterile gauze or cotton
- Warm water
- Take a sterile gauze or a cotton pad and soak it thoroughly with hydrogen peroxide.
- Massage on acne scars in circles and make sure that the scars have been well wet with hydrogen peroxide.
- Let the hydrogen peroxide act for 20 minutes at the most. If you use hydrogen peroxide of 20 volumes reduce the time of action since its action is more powerful.
- Finally, remove the hydrogen peroxide from your dermis with abundant warm water and moisturize your skin with a light moisturizer.
- You will see that your skin lightens and that the acne scars are shrinking.
- You can use this treatment once a week, and in a short time, you will see that the scars eventually disappear.
Image Source: 1