Blackheads are an annoying problem at teenage and are represented as small black or yellow bumps. These are also referred to as open comedones that develop at the opening of the hair follicle owing to the combination of excess sebum and built up of dead and dirt skin cells. Though these are common for people at any age, teenagers are most commonly affected due to hormonal changes that stimulate excess sebaceous secretions. These bumps appear dark at the surface due to oxidation or exposure to air. These could be addressed simply and effectively with simple kitchen ingredients, and are proven to be beneficial as well. Below are top five home remedies for blackheads that work wonders for teenagers.
- Baking soda: Baking soda has intense antiseptic properties and is a wonderful and easy method to get rid of blackheads. Mix about a tablespoon of baking soda in a ceramic bowl with a small quantity of water to make a paste. Apply this paste over the blackheads and let it dry for about ten minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water and this remedy helps to remove debris from pores when used two times a week.
- Cinnamon: This spice creates excellent aroma in the kitchen and its anti-bacterial properties helps in creating an excellent smelling face mask that acts best to remove blackheads. To use cinnamon effectively, mix a part of cinnamon with two parts of honey to get a paste form, apply a thin layer of this paste over the blackheads and leave it on for at least fifteen minutes. Wash off with a natural cleanser and follow up with a quality moisturizer. This remedy could be used daily for best results.
- Lemon: Alpha hydroxyl acid or citric acid abundant in lemon juice removes dead skin naturally and keeps clogged pores at bay. The vitamin C in lemon juice has an anti-oxidant property that enhances skin health by stimulating collaged production. It also avoids scarring of acne. Wash the face with a mild and natural cleanser, extract one spoon of lemon juice and transfer into a bowl, dab over the blackheads using cotton balls and let it dry off. Wash off the next day or after 20 minutes.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamins that helps to remove excess oil from the skin and decreases inflammation of skin prone for acne. Boil water and steep two bags of organic green tea for an hour. Cool it until it is lukewarm and dab this liquid on to black heads using cotton balls. After ten minutes rinse off with cool water and pat the skin dry.
- Turmeric: The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric work magic against blackheads, though it could stain the skin when applied. A non-edible variety of turmeric named as pasture turmeric is non-staining though. Mix a small amount of turmeric power with coconut oil to form a paste and dab it on the blemishes. Let it soak for about 10-15 minutes and later wash off with lukewarm water.
Kerah Lane Organic Razor Bump & Ingrown Hair Formula 8 Oz for Women & Men: Best Treatment Serum for Ingrown Hairs, Acne, Razor Bumps, Razor Burn: Use After Shaving, Waxing, Electrolysis & Hair Removal
Image Source: 1