Ginger tea is a natural remedy for many diseases, including vomiting and gastritis. Many also use ginger tea for weight loss. Research conducted at Netherland proves that ginger contains a type of caffeine. This caffeine helps to lose weight.
Ginger is a wonder food, which improves thermogenesis and reduces appetite. You can lose 5kg of fat in a week by consuming ginger tea. Of course, you should not forget about healthy eating and exercise.
How To Take Ginger Tea For Weight Loss
1. Ginger Tea For Weight Loss
A cup of 240 ml of ginger tea gives you ten calories. Also, it is a drink that appeases your appetite. You can prepare this herbal tea from fresh roots or using dry ginger powder.
- A clean ginger root (5 cm long)
- 250 ml of Water
- Honey for taste
- Heat the water until it boils.
- Add the ginger root and cook for 5 minutes. Finally, add a teaspoon of honey.
2. Lemon And Ginger Tea For Weight Loss
- A lemon
- A root of 2 cm ginger (cut small pieces)
- Honey for taste
- Cut the lemon half. Squeeze half a lemon in it, and cut the thin slices on the other.
- Put in two cups lemon juice, lemon slices, and ginger pieces in equal quantities.
- Pour hot water over the ingredients and leave until the tea has cooled enough to drink.
3. Cinnamon And Ginger For Weight Loss
- A root of 4 cm of ginger (cut off small pieces)
- Two cinnamon sticks
- Two tablespoons of honey
- Add Ginger and cinnamon sticks to 4 cups of water. Wait until the water starts to boil.
- Take the saucepan on the stove and leave the tea for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add honey.
4. Ginger Tea With Dry Ginger Powder For Weight Loss
- Dry ginger powder – ½ teaspoon
- 250 ml of Water
- Honey – if necessary
- Boil the water.
- Add the ginger powder and boil over low heat for two minutes.
- Add honey, if necessary.
Benefits Of Ginger Tea for Weight Loss
Here’s how this natural remedy helps you to lose weight:
1. Ginger Tea Improves Digestion
Ginger tea helps to fight against the lazy colon. Ginger contains chromium, magnesium, and zinc. The immune system strengthens and thus helps to attain more energy. Thereby it helps in consuming calories.
2. Ginger Tea Helps To Lower Cholesterol
Cholesterol leads to obesity. Obesity can lead to cancer, heart disease, and high blood pressure. Several studies have shown that ginger tea helps to lower cholesterol. Thus it destroys the fats that clog the arteries.
3. Regulates Cortisol Levels
Increased cortisol (the hormone our body uses to cope with stress) causes the fat in the abdomen. Ginger has the potential to cease the synthesis of cortisol. So, ginger tea releases you from cortisol-induced weight gain.
4. Ginger Tea Can Suppress Appetite
Ginger tea is an excellent way to fool hunger. It contributes to quell hunger and thirst. Ginger has stimulates the norepinephrine and dopamine hormones. These two hormones activate the part of the nervous system that reduces appetite.
Contraindications Of Ginger Tea For Weight Loss
1. Make sure you do not use more than 4 grams of ginger per day. Studies suggest that excessive ginger consumption leads to undesirable side effects. Side effects like burns in the stomach and abdominal pain can occur.
2. Those who consume bile stones and blood thinners should not drink ginger tea. This root interferes with the efficacy of such drugs.
3. Few future moms know that ginger tea eliminates nausea. It also helps digestion and relieves stomach problems. Research recommends to consume up to three cups of tea per day.
Ginger is great food. An ally who helps us fight against extra pounds. But do not avoid healthy diet an exercise. Avoid processed foods, acidified juices, gluten, and refined sugar. Ginger tea helps in weight loss if you have a healthy lifestyle.
Image Source: 1