Coconut oil is a very popular natural remedy using worldwide for its various properties offered for both our health and beauty. However, another excellent property of coconut oil is its use to eliminate and prevent the presence of bacteria in the mouth that cause the formation of decay in our teeth.
In this article, we will teach you how to use coconut oil for cavities.
How to use coconut oil for cavities
To know how to cure cavities with coconut oil, follow these simple steps:
- First, you need the oil to be in the solid state. Do not use liquid coconut oil.
- Once you have the oil solidified, place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil inside your mouth.
- When you have it inside the mouth, start to chew it until it completely melts (it will take approximately 30 seconds).
- Once the coconut oil melts, you have to do mouth rinses with it by trying to cover all your teeth, passing from the back to the front and sides.
- You have to do this coconut oil mouthwash for 10 minutes and then spit.
Do this treatment 3 times a week in the mornings. After one or two weeks, you can use coconut oil for 3 days a week for 2 times a day (morning and evening).
Other recommendations for using coconut oil for cavities
- Try to make the movements smooth
- Do not swallow the rinse when you finish as it contains all the debris you want to remove from your teeth.
- Throw the coconut oil into the trash, as if you throw it in the sink it could clog the pipes once it solidifies.
- Do not drink anything after you finish rinsing coconut oil. First, rinse your mouth with plenty of water and then drink whatever you like.
Image Source: 1