Who would say that precisely the part of the okra that people least like, the drool, or rather the mucilage, is one that contains essential medicinal properties? Learn more about the benefits of okra water and how to use this bean to enjoy its benefits.
What Is Okra Water
The okra has the origin of Northwest Africa, being a food source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and potassium and vitamins such as A, B6, B9, C, K, as well as carbohydrates, proteins, and fibers.
In cooking, okra can prepare and consume in various ways such as: cooked, fried, stew, salad, braised, roasted, farofa, whole or minced. Another way to consume okra is through its water.
This drink made with water from okra offers several health benefits, learn what they are, learn the recipe, and how best to use and use this medicinal drink.
Benefits Okra Water
1. Okra Water For Diabetes
Although okra may help to control glycemic and insulin resistance, it should not use as a substitute for medical treatment needed to treat this problem.
Okra may help those who have diabetes, but the result is not safe, mainly if you use only this vegetable, giving up making the proper treatment.
Okra is rich in fiber and therefore has the property of reducing the absorption of carbohydrates, causing the glycemic levels to rise less so that this pod is considered beneficial for people with diabetes.
Those who have diabetes can consume the okra water, in addition to the treatment indicated by the doctor, only using medical advice, besides making to the important nutritious diet and the practice of physical activities, that compose the necessary actions to combat this disease.
2. Okra For Weight Loss
The consumption of okra water helps to lose weight by being a source of fibers, which promote the sensation of satiety in the body, decreasing the appetite and, consequently, reducing the calorie consumption in the day to day.
It is essential to point out that to achieve good results in the diet of slimming requires a set of practices and care, such as healthy eating, physical activity, and proper hydration.
Also, it is necessary for the accompaniment of a doctor or nutritionist, to give the proper guidelines on the best diet, according to the organic and individual need of each person.
3. Okra Water For Hair
Okra helps to strengthen and makes hair grow. Learn to follow the recipe with okra to make your hair soft and shiny:
- Six okra
- 200 ml of water
- Remove the head (flattened tip) and cut the okra horizontally.
- Then put inside a glass with water.
- Let it rest for about 4 hours.
- After this time, scrape the inside of the okra to extract the goo (gel).
- Pass the gel in the sieve and done that can use.
How To Apply:
- Apply okra gel on washed hair.
- Pass the okra gel on the scalp and hair strands, then cover the head with a cap for 1 hour.
- After that, rinse the hair.
4. Due to its fibers, it promotes proper digestion.
5. Okra contains nutrients, such as folic acid and B-complex vitamins, essential for the proper formation of the fetus and the health of pregnant women.
6. By being a source of calcium, it strengthens the bones and prevents osteoporosis.
7. It has an anti-inflammatory action.
8. Due to its antioxidant properties, it eliminates free radicals, promoting more excellent immunity and rejuvenation, besides being a source of amino acids like tryptophan and cystine, which promote well-being.
9. As a source of vitamins C, okra helps to heal from colds and flu.
10. The okra has properties of lowering the levels of bad cholesterol the LDL, preventing atherosclerosis.
11. It works well for skin and hair health.
12. Containing iron and various vitamins prevents anemia.
How To Prepare Okra Water
- Four okra
- 200 ml of water
- Cut the okra in half and remove the tips.
- Put them in a glass with 200 ml of water and cover the glass.
- Leave the okra soaking in this water overnight.
Knowing to make use of okra as food or as medicinal water, one only has to gain in health! But consult a professional first, especially if you take medication.
Image Source: 1