Do you desire to know how to make an activated charcoal face mask at home, the revolutionary treatment of the moment to eliminate all the black spots on your skin? In this article, we’ll show you the best recipes you can use to show off a completely renewed skin, with no trace of impurities and much more radiant and luminous.
Cosmetic treatments based on activated charcoal are ideal for absorbing all the grease and dirt accumulated on the face, which leaves the skin wholly purified and allows for cleaning the interior of the pores — thus ending with all those black spots that are usually more visible, especially, in the area of the nose, cheeks and forehead.
Pay attention to the following lines and discover how to make an activated charcoal face mask, also known as the black mask. You will see how, with your application, your skin will be clean.
Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Face Mask
1. Detoxifies The Skin
It has active elements that make it possible to cleanse the skin in depth, eliminating all the dirt, debris, and toxins accumulated in it.
2. Disinfects The Skin
Acts actively against bacteria that accumulate on the face and can end up producing irritations and infections. This property also contributes to the youth of the skin, because the skin is completely healthy and will take longer to age.
3. It Reduces Fat And Is Anti-Acne
It can reduce the excess of sebum secreted by the sebaceous glands, which is ideal for preventing the appearance of impurities and for improving the skin when suffering from acne.
4. Eliminates Blackheads And Impurities
By absorbing all the grease and dirt present in the skin and accumulated in the pores, eliminates black spots in a fantastic way, in addition to other impurities, such as blackheads and pimples.
5. Reduces The Size Of Pores
After use, the pores of the skin are entirely unclogged and clean, which favors that in a short time to decrease in size and close. The result is a flawless, smooth and super smooth skin, with no trace of impurities or imperfections.
DIY Activated Charcoal Face Mask Ideas
There are several recipes that we can use to make a homemade activated charcoal face mask, and then we will show you the different options available to you. With all of them, you will get a clean, extra soft and luminous skin.
1. Gelatin And Activated Charcoal Face Mask
The first treatment we propose is the mask of activated carbon and gelatin without flavor or neutral because the latter has high doses of collagen, a protein that helps to fight skin aging and provides a lot of flexibility and firmness to the skin. In addition to that, it also serves to eliminate impurities and combat excess fat.
- Four capsules or pills of activated carbon
- Two tablespoons of skimmed milk
- One envelope of unflavored or neutral gelatin
- In a microwave-safe container, pour the milk and the gelatin sachet.
- Introduce the container in the microwave for about 10 or 15 seconds so that the mixture warms a little.
- Add the activated charcoal and all the ingredients with the help of a spoon until it dissolves and obtains a homogeneous mixture with a gelatinous texture.
- Wash your face with soap and water.
- Then moisten a clean towel with hot water, and sweep it all over your face to open the pores, make it small touches on the skin.
- Spread the mask to entire face, avoid the area around the eyes, and be sure to cover well those areas with more black spots and impurities.
- Let it work for about 20 minutes and, after this time, when you notice that the mask has dried on the skin, remove it by pulling little by little with your fingers and finally rinse the face with plenty of warm or cold water to close the pores.
2. Glue And Activated Charcoal Face Mask
A variant of the previous recipe is to replace the unflavored gelatin with a little white glue for children. This product is not toxic and will help to extract very well all the dirt and debris accumulated within the pores of the skin. But, yes, it is essential that you always make sure beforehand that the glue is not toxic, as it will come into direct contact with your skin.
- Four pills or capsules of activated carbon
- Three tablespoons of non-toxic white glue
- In a bowl, mix the activated carbon tablets with the white glue.
- Stir with a spoon until a homogeneous and consistent mixture is obtained.
- Open the pores of the skin of the face by applying a little hot or warm water.
- Apply the mask to the entire face with a brush, avoiding the eye contour.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes and wait for it to dry thoroughly on the skin.
- When it is dry, remove by pulling with your fingers from bottom to top and carefully.
- Finally, wash your face as you usually do, and that’s it!
3. Honey And Activated Charcoal Face Mask
You can also make a mask of activated carbon to lighten the skin of the armpits and show off skin with a more balanced and beautiful tone since this area tends to darken with time and with the continuous waxing. On this occasion, activated charcoal should mix with honey, a substance with disinfectant, and moisturizing properties that will help to show a whiter and healthier skin.
How To Use:
- Mix 1/2 tablespoon of activated charcoal with one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the resulting paste on the dry skin of the armpits with the help of a brush.
- Wait for about 20 minutes.
- Then carefully remove, finally rinse the area with warm or cold water.
4. Clay And Activated Charcoal Face Mask
This mask is for purifying skin, ideal for offering your face a deep cleaning and leaving it free of toxins and sebum. Also, the green clay is perfect for unclogging all pores and giving the dermis extra elasticity and firmness.
- Two capsules of activated carbon
- Two tablespoons of green clay
- Five tablespoons of mineral water
- Five drops of tea tree essential oil
- Four drops of lemon essential oil
Preparation & Apply:
- In a bowl, first, mix the green clay with the charcoal.
- Add the water and stir all the time so that lumps do not form.
- Pour the essential oils and mix until they wholly integrated.
- After about two minutes, apply the mask on the skin of the face with the help of a brush or with the tips of your fingers.
- Let it sit for about 15 or 20 minutes until you notice that the mask has dried on the skin.
- Finally, remove with plenty of warm water.
5. Sea Salt And Activated Charcoal Face Mask
Mixing sea salt and charcoal can be beneficial to the skin. Sea salt can help to fight bacteria and acne, and activated charcoal helps to cleanse and detoxify skin cells.
- ½ tablespoon of activated charcoal powder
- ½ teaspoon of rose water
- 1/2 tablespoon of pure sea salt
How To Use:
- Mix the ingredients and stir until obtaining a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture to the facial skin.
- After the scrub dries, for about 10 minutes, wipe the face with a clean, moistened cloth.