Performing 1200 calorie diet plan can help lose 3 to 5 kilos in a few weeks, it can be a healthy diet while taking the necessary nutrients and vitamins, choosing the right foods.
1200 Calorie Diet Menu
What should include the 1,200-calorie diet:
PROTEINS: Obtain proteins of the high biological value of animal and vegetables, from lean meats, nuts, soy, milk and its derivatives, etc.
FATS: It is advised to opt for the consumption of unsaturated fats and to reduce or avoid saturated fats. Without any doubt, it should be reduced not to eliminate the consumption of fats and thus be able to achieve the goal of losing weight.
CARBOHYDRATES: It is recommended to choose foods rich in complex carbohydrates. (bread, pasta, cereals, etc.)
A balanced 1200-calorie diet, you will not need the additional intake of vitamins or minerals (food supplements) as it will cover these.
However, it is essential to recommend the advice of a nutritionist to guide you if this is the best diet that suits the physical condition of the person.
How to make the 1200 calorie diet:
- It is essential to respect meal times.
- Perform five meals a day, not skipping any.
- The way to cook is necessary, one of the best options is to roast, bake or prepare stews.
- Consume meat without skin.
- If you want to garnish salads with vinegar or olive oil, yogurt.
- Opt for honey or mashed sugar if you want to sweeten drinks or some other food.
1200 Calorie Diet Plan For Weight Loss
1200 calorie diet #1:
- A piece of seasonal fruit
- A slice of whole wheat bread with cottage cheese
- Tea or coffee (preferably without sugar)
- Six nuts
- A small fruit such as kiwi, peach or plum, or gelatin
- The portion of lean animal protein (200gr) can be fish, chicken, or turkey, roasted or baked.
- A sliced tomato grilled on the grill, seasoned with spices, accompanied by pieces of fresh cheese.
- A bowl of vegetable soup.
- Tea or fruit water.
- 200 ml of low-fat yogurt with fruit, a piece of peach or ½ cup of chopped strawberries.
- One serving (100 to 150g) of tuna or salmon prepared with lemon or vinegar.
- Two integral crackers.
- Steamed broccoli.
- A piece of grapefruit or apple.
- Tea to taste.
1200 calorie diet #2:
- A glass of low-fat yogurt with a cup of blackberries or strawberries
- Tea or coffee
- A piece of apple or pear
- Fresh vegetable saladwith tomato, onion, celery, cucumber, peppers, with strips of breast or turkey ham.
- A slice of wholemeal or rye bread.
- Fruit water without sugar.
- A serving of fruit, slices of melon or a piece of kiwi.
- A cup of grapes
- Tea or water
- One serving of tuna with a teaspoon of mayonnaise, with two whole or salted crackers.
- A side dish of steamed vegetables, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli with spices.
- Tea to taste (without sugar).
1200 calorie diet #3:
- A piece of cooked egg
- A piece of peach, apple, pear or plum fruit
- Tea or coffee (without sugar)
- Seven almonds or nuts
- A medium kiwi
- A portion of grilled steak
- A mixed vegetable salad seasoned with a little vinaigrette
- ½ cup of brown rice
- Fruit water or ice tea
- A glass of grated carrot or cucumber in strips, with a little lemon and salt
- A slice of whole wheat bread with a slice of turkey breast with tomato and onion.
- Garnishing of pumpkins or broccoli with steamed spices.
- ½ piece of grapefruit.
- Drink water, two liters a day.
Foods to include in the 1200-calorie diet
- Low-fat dairy
- Lean meats: fish, chicken, turkey
- Whole wheat flour: rice, pasta
- Coffee, fruit water, tea without sugar (occasionally you can use sweetener)
Foods to avoid in 1200 calorie diet
- Syrups, jams
- Processed foods and beverages (sausages, commercialized juices, etc.)
- Refined flour
- Fritters, cakes
- Whole milk
This diet is not recommended if
- You have a disease such as diabetes, metabolic disorders (hyper or hypothyroidism), low blood pressure, kidney problems, or uric acid.
- Pregnancy or lactation.
- If you are a high-performance athlete or if you are training.
- It is not recommended to apply this diet for a long time to avoid health disorders.
- If you want to exercise, maximum three times a week since it is a hypocaloric diet and you could not have enough energy and you need to see a specialist.
Image Source: 1